Questions for you:
- Who are the hollow men? How can on be both "hollow" and "stuffed"?
- What seems to be the central focus of each section of this poem?
- What images, ideas, or conflicts are repeated throughout this poem? How do they develop from section to section?
- Identify lines from the poem, direct or implied, that address fertility and potency (power). Note by contrast references to infertility and impotency (lack of power).
- Identify lines from the poem that represent action/inaction.
- Reference lines about speaking, communicating, and connecting. Also, identify instances of the inability to speak, communicate, or connect.
- What patterns or trends do you see in the poem? (For example, does the poem become more or less hopeful? More or less organized?